Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blade Runner Scene Analysis

I really enjoyed the ending scene, with Roy and Rick battling it out. The juxtaposition of the two is so interesting, the ending scene really shows some similarities. The scene also shows who Roy really is, we also get a sense for the kind of guy Rick is in the following scene. I enjoyed the movie as a whole, the setting especially, it fit so well with Rick's 'bad cop' character. The film reminded me a lot of "The Spirit,"a movie about a superhero protecting his tired city, while struggling with how he or his enemies came to be. Rick struggles with the identities of the androids, and to a certain level, a struggle with who he is himself. That's why I enjoyed the ending scene so much, it sort of ties loose ends together, the unicorn is a very nice touch by the director, sort of a "spinning totem" (an allusion to Inception) right at the end to make the viewer really question what they're thinking.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on some of the points that the ending was good but I have to disagree on the scene where Roy and Deckard were fighting. I thought it was a bit gruesome and a tad overwhelming. It seemed to drag on until the part where Roy saves Deckard from dying which I really liked but everything before that seemed to strike me as over the top.

    ReplyDelete